Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lost, Hatch, Shirtless, Bleeding, Dead People


This weekend I moved to Brooklyn. That statement may be slightly misleading because, so far, that only means that I sleep on Cara's couch in Brooklyn and watch Lost all day long while working on a puzzle that I swear is missing a number of pieces. Though I would certainly be content to sit around always and oogle at the beautiful people that ABC somehow convinced to all join one spectacularly attractive cast, I have been searching for ways to get off this couch. That being said, if anyone knows of anyone who is looking for an apartment-mate or - more importantly - of anyone who is looking to hire me, I will bake you cookies if you hook me up.

Anyway, back to Lost. Anyone who knows me well knows that I really don't like movies or television shows or even books where things go wrong. I like my entertainment with as little plot as possible. That's why Empire Records is my favorite movie.

One might wonder then, why I would ever agree to watching all four seasons of Lost in preparation for the 5th season. A lot goes wrong in that show. And I mean a lot.

Cara and I have worked out a system, however. Some may think it ruins all the fun, but really, it just saves me immeasurable amounts of strife. You see, when a particularly beautiful cast member was killed off in the first season, it really upset me, so I went online and looked up when all my other favorite characters die. When I told Cara what I had done, she didn't scold me. Instead, she just apologized for neglecting to warn me about the beautiful boy's death. Now we have a lovely setup where she warns me anytime a situation begins to get intense. That way, it doesn't feel like my heart is going to explode with anxiety over whether someone is going to die or not. Sometimes Jon tries to trip me up by telling me that someone is going to die when they aren't, but I don't fall for his shenanigans.

The only problem now is what we will do when Season 5 finally gets here. Cara won't be able to warn me then. I'm going to try and struggle through it, but we have a backup plan in case I can't handle it.

As long as that show continues to showcase some of the most beautiful people on the planet, however, I think I will be able to survive the suspense. Plus, now that I'm working on becoming a grown-up, I guess I better start appreciating adult things. Like plot twists. And the Unknown.

1 comment:

KirstB said...

After the show airs on TV, abc.com streams them for free online. Perhaps you are like duh, I know this already Kirst, that's how I've been watching them.. anyway.. my suggestion, don't watch them on TV, but let someone prescreen them for you and then watch 'em online. Also there's always lostpedia.com .. has way too much info about the show if you want to be spoiled.

I can't wait for the show to get started again. It's on air here in Korea.. but I hear its dubbed.. which really confuses me seeing as there is a fair amount of native Korean and other languages already..

<3 <3