Friday, July 4, 2008

Words Fail Me.

A week ago, my B.F.F., Jen, skipped out on a concert where my other best friend, Cara, was performing because she had a fever.

Three days ago, Jen's sister, Heather sent me a text message saying Jen had been taken to the hospital because her fever had risen to 105.

Wednesday, Jen was released and not 8 hours later, had to be taken back to the emergency room because she was bleeding from her eyes. At the hospital, her blood pressure was 55/27, her left lung collapsed, and everyone thought she was going to die.

Tonight, I got to watch Baltimore's 4th of July fireworks from the waiting room windows with Jen. She still has monster eyes and she still needs morphine every once in a while for her chest pain and headaches, but she talks and walks (in little bits) and she still thinks I'm funny. I don't want to sound too sentimental and corny, but I just want to vomit with happiness.

For those of you who knew about this whole situation and kept Jen in your prayers, thank you so much. For those of you who are just finding out and who pray, it would mean a lot to Jen (and me and her family) if you would pray for her. For those of you who don't pray, you should wish on a star or think about her a lot or just do whatever you do to send happy thoughts and hopes for a speedy and thorough recovery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. So much. Like, a lot.