Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Whole New World!

Oh, I love Botswana!
So. A family bio. I live with a woman named Kemonnye who is 45 and she's not really around all that much because she's working at the lodge alot. But she's super nice and I really enjoy talking to her and last weekend, she made us have a photoshoot where she took 80 bajillion (or like 20) pictures of me in her garden to show off how pretty her garden is. I have a little brother, Ryan, or Kago is his Setswana name, who is technically a cousin (his mother was my dad's sister, but she died last year so now Ryan lives with us). He loves wrestling and dances all around the house and is in general an ADORABLE 10-year old. I have a dad who's only really around in the mornings before he goes to work and a semi-sister named Patience, or Naledi. She's actually a Zimbabwean maid, but I think of her as my sister. In fact, there were two little neighborhood girls at our house last week and Patience told them I was her little sister (she's 22) and one girl was like "but you're brown!"and Patience told her that our mother was white like me and our father is black like her. She's cute and super energetic. My house rocks.

Last Saturday, we all went back to Mmankgodi to see our first families and my mom picked me up and then we cooked diphaphatha (home-made bread) and it was awesome. Then we spent the night at Nicki's for a party for Greg's 21st birthday. I went to sleep around 9:30 cuz I'm just that awesome, ha! And now I have tor un cuz we're going to get ice cream and watch HOLES cuz we rented it! (We rented Aladdin and the Lion King too, I'm in heaven!)

HEARTS